This could easily become the tummy-pleasing dish everyone asks you to bring to parties. It’s loaded with as much flavor as it has fiber. No one has to know that it is super easy to prepare.
– Chef Gerard Viverito
1 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 c. finely ground almond flour
2 tablespoon cream cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 large egg
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 Regular Girl stick packs or scoops
4 oz. sliced smoked salmon
Arugula and sliced red onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add mozzarella, almond flour, cream cheese, garlic powder, baking powder and a large pinch of salt. Microwave on high until cheeses are melted, about 1 minute. Stir in egg.
- Shape dough into a ½”-thick oval on baking sheet. Dough will be sticky. Wet your hands as needed to create the oval.
- Poke rows of holes in the dough with a fork to avoid bubbling.
- Bake until golden, 15 to 17 minutes
- Allow the crust to cool. While cooling, blend cream cheese and Regular Girl together.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of crust. Arrange smoked salmon slices and garnish with remaining ingredients.
Recipe provided by Chef Gerard Viverito