This fabulous, crowd-pleasing salad has all the winter flavors you love plus the nutrients your body craves including plenty of soluble fiber. The decadent creamy dressing is slightly sweet.
– Chef Gerard Viverito
Servings: 8 people
Pumpkin Goddess dressing ingredients
1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
2 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ cup sour cream
1/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
8 Regular Girl stick packs or scoops
- Place all ingredients in a blender and combine.
- Chill until ready to use.
1 Butternut squash peeled and diced, seeds discarded
1 tablespoon. cooking oil
Maple syrup, cinnamon and salt, as desired for roasting
1 apple, thinly sliced
½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds or nuts of choice
¼ cup dried cranberries
8 ounces salad greens of choice, I prefer arugula
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place oiled and seasoned squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and salt to taste.
- Bake squash for approximately 20 minutes (or until tender and caramelized), tossing halfway through.
To assemble the salad, place cooled squash in a large salad bowl with the remaining ingredients. Add Pumpkin Goddess dressing and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Chef Gerard Viverito