1.5 cups Cold water
1 cup All-purpose flour
3 Tbsp Malaysian palm oil, melted, plus more for sautéing the crepes
Blueberry and Cheese Filling, recipe follows
Blueberry & Cheese Filling
1.5C Ricotta cheese
4 oz Cream cheese
3 Tbsp Confectioners’ sugar
4 Scoops Regular Girl Powder
1 ea Lemon, zested and finely grated
1 pint Blueberries
- Combine the, water, eggs, flour, and salt in a blender. Blend on medium speed for 15 seconds, until the batter is smooth and lump-free. Scrape down the sides of the blender and pour in 3 tablespoons of palm oil. Blend just to incorporate. Refrigerate the batter for 1 hour to let it rest.
- Put an 8-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat and brush with a little palm oil for added assurance. Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the pan and swirl it around so it covers the bottom evenly; pour back any excess.
- Cook for 30 to 45 seconds, until the crepe batter sets. When the edges loosen, flip it and cook another 30 seconds. The crepes should be tender, do not cook until crisp. Place them on a platter and continue until all the batter is used. Cover the stack of crepes with a towel to keep them from drying out. This makes 10 to 12 crepes.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and blend with a rubber spatula until smooth. Chill the filling to firm it up.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the cheese filling along the lower third of the crepe. Fold the bottom edge away from you to just cover the filling; then fold the 2 sides into the center. Roll the crepe away from you a couple of times to make a package, ending with the seam side down.
- Put an ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Brush with palm oil. Pan-fry the blintzes for 2 minutes per side until crisp and golden.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes so the egg in the filling cooks and the cheese sets.
- Serve and enjoy.