Springtime tummy troubles can dampen your fun. Whether you’re heading to the beach or just chilling with friends on the patio, take precautions to avoid occasional constipation, diarrhea or other digestive distress. You worked hard to get that swimsuit-ready body. Don’t let bloating steal the show. Here’s how to keep your belly happy this spring:
A trouble-free belly at home starts with a healthy diet
- If warm weather means firing up the grill, be sure to pair your steaks and burgers with a skin-on baked potato and a salad. You may suffer digestive distress if you’re not getting enough fiber. Adults should consume 25 to 38 grams of fiber per day. If half of your plate isn’t fiber-rich fruits and vegetables, consider a supplement such as Regular Girl. One scoop of this soluble fiber supplement provides five grams of fiber.
- If a sudsy cold beer or dirty martini accompanies your dinner, follow it up with a big glass of water. Alcohol consumption can cause dehydration which may lead to constipation.
- Your springtime allergies may also be causing your bathroom woes. Some over-the-counter antihistamines often list constipation as a side effect. Consult with your doctor if this is an issue for you.
Planning may help you stay healthy away from home
- Eating new foods while on vacation may upset your digestive balance. Supporting your gut’s beneficial bacteria before and during a trip with probiotics may help maintain your intestinal health. Regular Girl contains an active count of eight billion clinically proven Bifidobacterium lactis. Its prebiotic fiber helps keep all your good bacteria happy.
- If you swap your high-fiber cereal for a glazed donut when traveling, your belly may revolt. Pack high-fiber snacks such as pears, nuts and whole-grain crackers. And, mix a scoop of Regular Girl into your water bottle to get an additional tummy-pleasing fiber boost without any unpleasant side effects.
- Keep your bathroom routine consistent when you are away from home. Not listening to your body – either because you don’t want to stop the fun or you just don’t like the facilities – may lead to uncomfortable constipation.