Building healthy habits such as eating better or exercising more can be hard! In fact, many of us fail when it comes to sticking with New Year’s resolutions. A sobering 80% of resolutions are dropped by the second week of February. We don’t want you to give up! Below are some tactics you can use to accomplish your better-you goals.
1. Write it down. Simply putting your goals on paper can help you succeed. You have our permission to get creative with it. Google “vision board” for ideas. This simple step can really make a difference. One study reported that those who wrote their goals accomplished significantly more than those who didn’t.
2. Make simple and manageable changes. If your goal is to run a marathon, yet you haven’t seen your tennies in weeks, it’s time to rethink that goal. Here’s one area Regular Girl can help. If your goal is to take better care for your gut, simply add a scoop of our Regular Girl Prebiotic Fiber and Probiotic supplement to your morning smoothie. It blends easy as pie and won’t change your drink’s taste or texture.
3. Tell your friends. Study results have shown that those who make a public commitment are more likely to succeed. You don’t have to take out a full-page ad about your plan to step away from trendy oversized cookies, but do tell your closest friends and family.
4. Update your tribe regularly. Sending daily or weekly progress reports can help keep you accountable. So go ahead and post that daily image of your healthy lunch or your jogging route. Be sure to tag us @getRegularGirl.
5. Make a plan for obstacles. Think about what triggers a bad habit and then make a plan to overcome it. Our tips for curbing snacking can help you deal with cravings.
6. Keep it interesting. Running the same route can get B-O-R-I-N-G. Plogging — picking up litter while jogging — is a feel-good way to add some sparkle to your routine. If you haven’t yet tried this TikTok trend, today’s the day!
7. Bump up the difficulty for bad habits. If you tend to shop online a bit too much, don’t save your credit cards online. If you’re trying to cut back on salt, keep the shaker off the table.
8. Start fresh every day. Some days are bound to be better than others. Whether you kicked it into high gear the previous day or lounged like a sloth, consider each morning a fresh start. You got this, girl!