FODMAP-friendly Sweet Potato Chips
What’s crunchy, sweet, spicy and oh-so-delicious? It’s these FODMAP-friendly sweet potato chips. They’re a great way to satisfy your urge for a savory snack when you’re following a low-FODMAP diet. Sprinkling Regular Girl onto the chips after they come out of the oven boosts their fiber content without affecting their flavor. Yeah, we’re extra like that.
3 large sweet potatoes, washed and sliced in ¼-inch thick slabs
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper*
1 scoop Regular Girl
Fresh, chopped parsley or rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix oil, maple syrup and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Toss the potato slices into the bowl and stir.
- Line two baking pans with foil.
- Place potato slices in a single layer onto the pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn chips over and bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are crisp.
- Mix parsley and Regular Girl in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chips. Top with salt and pepper, to taste.
* Chili powders contain capsaicin, a natural ingredient which may trigger symptoms in some people with irritable bowel syndrome. If your belly is sensitive, consider substituting with another low-FODMAP spice.